Monday, March 16, 2015

To Die For Blueberry Muffins


I had a bag of Fresh Frozen Blueberries for a couple of months now and haven't used them for anything. Fresh Frozen? Isn't that what Gordon Ramsey makes faces at when chef's say that on his T.V. show Kitchen Nightmares? Anyway, they are blueberries, just, well, frozen. No biggie. If they didn't come out tasting good in this recipe then I knew I would never buy them frozen again.

You can get the recipe HERE.

OK, so I tried this recipe from allrecipes.com. It got really great reviews so I decided, "what the heck!" My husband was in the mood for me to make blueberry pancakes, but I decided this would be a much better alternative. Boy was I right! As we were eating these, I told my husband that he was so lucky to have a wife who can bake and make him such yummy goodness. He agreed. Thanks, Mom, for handing down your baking skills to me!

Pros:
  1. Very easy to make. About 10 minutes to prepare the batter.
  2. The batter was thick and really easy to work with.
  3. The recipe calls for fresh blueberries, but I used frozen. It didn't seem to make a difference.
  4. These muffins melt in your mouth.
  5. The cinnamon crumb topping really makes these muffins stand out.
Cons:
  1. This recipe only makes 10 muffins, not a full dozen.
  2. The cinnamon crumb topping recipe makes a lot. Too much to use it all so if you don't want to waste ingredients, double the muffin batter and make 20 muffins.
  3. They are so yummy, they will not last and I will be forced (happily) to make these very often.
My takeaway on these muffins is follow the recipe and you can't go wrong. These are very moist, melt in your mouth, blueberry-lisious. If you are in the mood to bake blueberry muffins, bake these. You won't be disappointed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment