Monday, March 23, 2015

Moist Chocolate Muffins

Get the recipe HERE
I was so in the mood for some chocolate chocolate chip muffins. I don't know why I decided on muffins and not cupcakes. Maybe I wanted a more dense flavor than what a cupcake could give me. Anyway, I came across this recipe at allrecipes.com. I had all the ingredients except for plain yogurt. I did, however have my choice of strawberry, peach, or blueberry. I opted to make these with strawberry yogurt.

Was I in my right mind by thinking these chocolate muffins would taste just as good by using a flavored yogurt? Strawberry, no less? It was worth a try and I was a little surprised by the outcome. They didn't taste half bad. I could definitely taste the strawberry, heck, I could smell the strawberry. My husband though, couldn't place the flavor until I said something to him and even then, he said it wasn't that noticeable.

These muffins are really good, but I do wish I had the plain yogurt. I guess because I know it's in there, the strawberry flavor sorta overpowers the chocolate. Well now I know for next time.

Pros:

  1. These bake up nice a big.
  2. Very filling and will please any chocolate craving.
  3. Chocolate chips in every bite, how can you go wrong?
  4. They keep getting better and better each day.
Cons:
  1. Do not use anything other than plain yogurt. Unfortunately plain yogurt is not something most people keep on hand like all the other ingredients, so a trip to the market is needed.
  2. They may be too big to eat all in one sitting, but you're going to want to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment