Friday, July 31, 2015

A Look Back 7/24 - 7/30

Friday, 7/24:
  • Killian fell asleep in his highchair after breakfast...
  • Went to Stride Rite with the kids and my mom to get Killian and Piper their first pair of shoes. Yes, you heard right, their first pair at nine months old. Thanks, Mom. 

Saturday, 7/25:
  • Killian started to crawl for the first time. Very exciting!
  • Piper started clapping her hands for the first time. Also exciting!





Sunday, 7/26:
  • In the morning when we were still in bed, Lily wanted Dan to get her something that was under Piper's crib. After many "get it for me" requests, Dan said, "No, not now." Lily responded with, "Awe, you serious?" 
  • Went to the pool today. First time for Killian and Piper. They liked it.
  • FYI: (Piper is 9 months old) That ladybug bathing suit Piper is wearing was Lily's bathing suit that she had when she was 14 months old.
  • Had a, "My baby is getting so big" moment when Dan took Lily in the regular pool and she was able to stand in the shallow end.


  • Lily wanted to watch Sesame Street but it was very close to bedtime...
Lily: "Put on Sesame Street, please."
Me: "Sesame Street isn't on until tomorrow."
Lily: "It's on Heplix." (Netflix)
Me: Yup. She's got me there!
Monday, 7/27:

  •  Killian is definitely Lily's little mini-me - boy version!


Tuesday, 7/28:
  • Lily's new thing...
Lily: "Mommy, want to play in my room?"
Me: "Umm.." taking a little too long to answer.
Lily: "Mommy. Listen. Yes or no?"
Me: Thinking - Oh boy. She's a little smart ass already! 

Wednesday, 7/29:
  • Trying to sell some baby gear that we don't need anymore. It's hard to part with the things my three babies used, even if we will never need them again. I wish I could keep everything and make a little museum for when I want to feel nostalgic and for when my three babies are adults and maybe wanting to see and feel what they had/used when they were born.

Thursday, 7/30:
  • Don't you hate it when you're laying in bed and you put your arm up over your head, then all of a sudden you feel something tickling/crawling on your arm so you throw your arm up and sit up; looking around to see if you can find a bug, you see nothing; then you can't lay back down because now you're freaked out by the possibility that there was a bug on you and if you lay back down it will inevitably end up crawling in your ear? Yeah... that happened.
  • I finally got to do something I wasn't able to do in a few days...
Lily: "Can I smell you, Mommy? Mmm. You smell good. You took shower and now are clean."
Me: Didn't realize I smelled so bad before. Luckily the stars aligned and I was able to take a five minute shower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment