Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Look Back 7/31 - 8/6


Friday, 7/31:
  • I ran out of my Tassimo chai tea latte and ordered more the other day. Now I'm waiting for it to come and was hoping it would get here by the time I was done with breakfast...
Me: "Hey, Lily? Can you please check to see if my tea came yet?"
Lily: Looking out the front door - "Your tea not here yet."
Me: Disappointed - "It's not?"
Lily: "Have patience, Mommy." 

  • Was putting Killian and Piper down for their morning nap. Put Killian in his crib first then brought Piper into the room and was changing her diaper. When I was done, I laid her down in her crib and looked over at Killian. HE WAS STANDING UP in his crib! This, being the first time he stood, I wanted to run and get my camera. When I got back into the room he wouldn't do it again. I will get this on video if it's the last thing I do!






Saturday, 8/1:
  • After eating a Klondike Bar...
Lily: "Me eat ice cream like baby! Hahahaha!"
Sunday, 8/2:
  • At the annual "Cousins BBQ" for the Maier clan, Lily had a blast swimming in the pool. It was also the first time a lot of my family met Killian and Piper.
Monday, 8/3:
  • Thanks Aunt Krissy for my flamingo wings!



  •  Lily disappeared for a little bit. When I finally decided I better go look to see what she was doing, I stumbled upon this...

  • Lily's new thing is washing dishes.

  • Went to Target with Lily, Killian, and Piper. Had to get them all, especially Lily, out of the house. Every time I told Lily to stay by the stroller she would say, "You serious?" Every time I told her we weren't getting something she wanted, "Awe, serious?" Yes, Lily. I'm your mother and I'm very serious!
Wednesday, 8/5:
  • I had my very first mammogram done. I've always heard it would be the most uncomfortable and/or painful experience since they literally squish your boobs in a machine. I have to say, I didn't mind it at all. It was actually kinda comfortable. I told the technician that and she said I was the first woman to ever say that to her. She said it was probably because I nursed all my kids at one point and breast feeding really hurts. Umm... okay?
  • During the mammogram they put these little round stickers on your nipples. Don't quite know why and I didn't think to ask. Because I have four large scars on my left breast, she had to put stickers (a different kind) on those as well. Maybe to tell the difference between scar tissue and something that might be wrong? Who knows. I guess I could look it up, but I'm too lazy right now to care that much.
  • Went to Babies R Us after the mammogram. I saw a mother pushing her infant twins so I tried to connect by saying, "Aren't twins great? I have twins also." She didn't seem to care. I asked how old. She said they were three months so I told her mine were nine and a half months. Again, she didn't seem to care. I said that I didn't think my twins were that tiny, them being over six pounds each at birth. She told me, in a kinda rude tone, "Well, they were eight weeks early." So I responded with, "Oh. Mine were six weeks early." Again, she could care less. I don't know how it is for most twin moms, but I want to talk to other moms of twins. I want to feel that connection once in a while because, let's face it, if you don't have twins, you just have no idea what it's like. I want to share experiences, compare notes, and just have the knowledge that this person I am passing in time gets me. It's not like I'm some random non-twin mom who is asking dumb twin questions. I just want to have some sort of brief, intelligent conversation about twin life. But I guess she was too good for all that. Or she was just really, really tired.
  • Lily was riding her tricycle and it got stuck on the grass...
Lily: "Help me, Mommy."
Me: "Just get off your bike and get it off the grass."
Lily: "No! You help me, now!"
Me: "That's not the way you ask for help nicely, Lily. C'mon. You can do it yourself. Get off the bike and push it off of the grass."
Lily: "Mommy, be a superhero, please help me."  
Me: Well, I had to help her after that comment. I didn't NOT want to be a superhero! 
Thursday, 8/6:
  • Results from the mammogram came back: ALL CLEAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment