Thursday, July 23, 2015

A Look Back 7/17 - 7/23



Friday, 7/17:


  • Dan and I went to a wedding and since we got dressed up I wanted a picture taken. Of course, our wonderfully cute and funny three and a half year old had to get in on it. She put on a pair of my shoes to look pretty and followed us out the door. For some reason, I can't remember, she wasn't wearing anything but her underwear. Hmm?
  • The wedding reception was good. They had a live band, which I don't think I've ever been to a wedding with one. They were really good. I had been feeling slightly sick - a little soar throat and dry cough, but I didn't want it to ruin my good time. Unfortunately, I had one beer and got a headache and something I can only describe as heartburn, even though it wasn't quite heartburn. But I still tried my best to smile and dance a few times. Well, the highlight of the evening was when the head guy in the band kept eyeing me and kept signaling me to hit the dance floor. At one point he came over to me as I was eating salad and said, "Are you seriously eating your salad one leaf at a time?" Uh, no. Two leaves at a time! Anyway, at the end of the night the band had a lot of people gathered on the dance floor. Dan and I were there, too. The main guy started to do a back and forth singing thing with the crowd. I had a feeling that I should've been really vocalizing because he kept looking my way, but I had that soar throat thing going on. Well, he stopped, told the crowd to wait a minute 'cause he's been eyeing this couple all night, and then he came over to us. Ah! Now I'm in the spotlight. Exactly where I don't like to be. He actually told everybody that I was eating my salad one leaf at a time. Fortunately (or unfortunately), our friend, Kevin, caught most of it on video...
  • Dan and I get home from the wedding around 2:00am and my mother, who had been babysitting, was up with our twins. They were wide awake. Never have they been up in the middle of the night for more than a second while we put their pacifiers back in their mouths. Luckily, they fell right to sleep when we put them down.

Saturday, 7/18:
  • So, our twins had a repeat of waking up in the middle of the night. What the hell? We leave for one night and now chaos has ensued. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit.
  • Yup, my slight sickness has now become something more. I actually was falling asleep on the couch in the afternoon - something I do not do unless I am really sick. This is so stupid, too because I just ended a ten day round of antibiotics for strep not four days ago.
  • Was playing in Lily's room. She took down a doll from her bookshelf and handed it to me. She wanted to brush it's hair so she went to get a brush. As I was waiting for her, I shook the dolls hair and I saw something big and black jump out and go across my chest. I freaked, not knowing what it was and fearing the worst now that I had no clue where it went. I stood up and shook my, can I say dress, even though I was still in my nightgown at three o'clock in the afternoon? Anyway, I shook my... dress, and out came a big, black spider falling to the floor. I let out a scream then smashed it with one of Lily's toys. Luckily I got it 'cause I would not have been able to stay in the room any longer if I hadn't. Ugh! Heebeejeebees!!
  • Walked in the bedroom to find Piper asleep like this...
  • Lily looked very pretty in her dress...
  • At bath time, Lily got a beard like her Uncle K.C. ...

Sunday, 7/19:
  • Cleaning day. Still didn't feel well, but better than I had felt. Decided to clean the floors and do three loads of laundry. All in all a fun Sunday (sarcasm, people).

Monday, 7/20:
  • Play date for Lily at our house. It must have been the hottest day of the summer so far. Brutal! I had set up our small kiddie pool and our water pad spray mat thing (don't know what it's called). Great to cool off the kids but for me and my mommy friend, the heat just did us in. I suggested playing inside and with little coaxing, the kids agreed.
  • In the late afternoon, it started raining. It felt great. Since Killian and Piper were taking a nap, Lily and I walked around outside letting the rain cool us off. A fun time until I heard thunder. Where there's thunder, there's lightning, so in we went.

Tuesday, 7/21:
  • Woke up early in the morning to the sound of Killian whimpering. He whimpers in his sleep all the time. I waited about a minute or two to see if he would calm down on his own. He seemed to stop and I looked over at Dan's side of the bed not knowing what time it was. I saw something moving and squinted to see what it was. I saw a baby's hand in the air with fingers moving around. I then saw an adult hand playing with the baby hand. I thought Dan must have gotten up and took Killian in bed with us. Then I heard the whimpering again coming from the crib. Now I thought maybe it was Piper in bed and Killian was still in his crib. I got up and saw Piper still sleeping in her crib and Killian still in his. I was very confused and when I looked over to see what Dan was doing, he wasn't there. His side of the bed was empty and he had already left for work about a half hour before. FREAKY!!!!

Wednesday, 7/22:
  • Lily had a peepee accident...
Lily: "Lily peepeed. Sorry, Mommy."
Me: "It's OK, Lily. Just be more careful next time. You know when you have to go, right?"
Lily: "Yes, Mommy. Lily sorry. You still love me?"
Me: Heart aching - "Yes, Lily. Always. I love you so much. Nothing will ever make me stop loving you, no matter what."
Lily: "OK, Mommy. Lily love you. You're the best." 
  • Piper fell asleep in her highchair after breakfast...


  • while Killian cried...


No comments:

Post a Comment