Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Look Back 7/10 - 7/16

Friday, 7/10:

  • Got my hair cut. I decided to go back to my beloved pixie cut. This time though, keeping the front a little longer than I've had in the past. I was going to let my hair grow to the middle of my back or longer, but was getting annoyed by the mid length. I think I look my best with really long hair or really short. Also, I tend to hide behind long hair. I feel more confident with it short. I'll probably always keep it short now instead of my constant back and forth I've been doing since I was seventeen. And seriously - I lost two pounds just chopping it off!
Saturday, 7/11:
This is what a real mom of multiples looks like!
  • Decided it was time to go grocery shopping when I used one of the last diapers for Killian and Piper after we ate breakfast. Luckily we had enough diapers to last through his morning blow-out. Sanitize wash kind of day.
  • Dropped the kids off at my parent's house so Dan and I could go shopping without distraction. After unloading the groceries at home, we went back to my parent's to have dinner. My sister's boyfriend was there and this was the first time we met him. After dinner, Lily had to go #2. After helping her wipe her butt, this was the conversation...
Lily: "Does everybody want to see my poopoo?" 
Me: "I don't think everybody wants to see your poopoo."
Lily: Maybe not everybody, but somebody wants to see my poopoo."
Me: "Well, maybe you should ask if anybody wants to see it."
Lily: Now out of the bathroom and in the dining room, goes up to my sister's boyfriend, "Do you want to see my poopoo?" 
Me: Laughing silently. Sadly not embarrassed by this question coming out of my 3 year old's mouth. I am a true mom. 
Sunday, 7/12:


  • We revisited a park at an Elementary School close to where we used to live before buying our house. The memories came back to the days where we watched Lily slide down a slide for the first time, and the times we took the ten minute walk from our apartment so Lily could play. At least this park isn't too far away. I really like it and will want to go back more often.


Monday, 7/13:

  • Killian and Piper turned 9 months old. Took the monthly shots. All my babies are getting so big.

Tuesday, 7/14:
  • Lily turned 3-1/2 years old. She's so beautiful, inside and out.
  • Took Killian and Piper to the doctor for their 9 month checkup. Here are the stats:
Killian is 25 pounds, 14 ounces, 29 inches
Piper is 22 pounds, 1 ounce, 28 inches 
  • The pediatrician thinks I'm lying when I tell her what they eat during the day. She thinks I'm overfeeding them, but I'm not. They eat three times a day: 22oz of formula a day, 1/4 cup of cereal (rice) + 1/2 banana or 1oz applesauce each for breakfast, 4oz of vegetables each for lunch, and 1/4 cup of cereal (oatmeal) each for dinner which I'll now be replacing with a protein. How is that over feeding them? I like their pediatrician, she was my pediatrician, but I think it's time to look for another. At least to get another opinion about their weights and hopefully someone who doesn't make faces when I tell them exactly what I feed my babies.

Wednesday, 7/15:
  • Lily likes looking at this book we have - 100 First Words. She, for some reason likes it as her bedtime book. This was a fun moment in parenting...
Lily: "That a goose. What do goose eat?"
Me: "Umm. I think grass or corn."
Lily: "No."
Me: "No? So what do they eat, then?"
Lily: "Maybe... little girls don't go to bed."
Me: "They eat little girls that don't go to bed?"
Lily: "Yes."
Alrighty then. Sounds good to me!

  • Took some videos... 

I love how Killian tries to put the pacifier back into Piper's mouth.

I love how Piper seems to be like, "Wait a sec. This isn't mine. Here Killian, take yours back." And Killian's all like, "Nah. I'm good. I got yours now."



Thursday, 7/16:

  • I am officially ten pounds lighter than I have been since before I got pregnant with Lily. That's right! I haven't weighed what I weigh for four plus years. It feels good but I'm not done. Still not feeling my best, so I will continue on my path.


No comments:

Post a Comment