Thursday, July 9, 2015

A Look Back 7/3 - 7/9

Friday, 7/3:
  • Conversation at 12:45 in the morning... 
Lily: "Lily so drinky. So long since I eat."
Me: "You're thirsty?"
Lily: "Yeah. Lily drinky. Check my temturer." **Takes the forehead thermometer and scans forehead**
Lily: **Shows thermometer to me** "4-0-5, Mommy."
Me: "Oh yes. 4-0-5. I see. Big temperature."
  • Lily had a dentist appointment. It was a normal cleaning but I did have a concern about a black spot on her back left molar. Yup... a cavity. Ugh! A three year old with a cavity? Are you serious? Now she has to get a filling. I wrote a post about it HERE.
  • In minivan with Lily, stopped at a red light...
Lily: "Mommy! That a nice house!"
Me: "What house?"
Lily: "That. Is that a house?" **Points to a 7-Eleven**
Me: "No. That's a store."
Lily: "Oh." 
Saturday, 7/4:


  • Went out to my aunt's house in Greenport. Saw the tall ships... from afar. Didn't want to spend the day online waiting to get on one. 
  • Lily went on the carousel with Dan, my sister Jackie, and my dad. She insisted on sitting on a white horse. When she saw a kid get on a white horse, she started to cry saying it was her horse.
  • My brother let me have a sip of his beer. I wanted to drink it all. Actually, I wanted to pour some over vanilla ice cream, crawl up on the couch hugging the bowl, breathing in the delicious aroma that is root beer, and getting drunk in the process. A mom can dream, right?
Sunday, 7/5:

  • Went to a birthday party for a girl I went to school with's son who was turning four. It was a Mickey Mouse party and they had a Mickey character there. Lily was so happy because she loves Mickey Mouse. While she was standing near him, she kept calling his name and asking him if he wanted some lemonade. 
Monday, 7/6:

  • Hung out with a friend I haven't seen since I was pregnant with my twins. I think she enjoyed playing at the park more than Lily!
Tuesday, 7/7:
  • Killian and Piper were in a pool for the first time. A little sitting pool, but a pool non-the-less. They liked it... I think. They didn't complain, not even when Killian spit up. So gross!
Wednesday, 7/8:
  • Lily has been very observant about what she thinks is dangerous. While watching Disney's Tarzan, she kept saying, "Mommy, that danaous." Yes, Lily, don't ever "surf" on a tree limb. That is definitely "danaous!" She cracks me up!!
Thursday, 7/9:
  •  Killian & Piper had their first ride in a swing! Piper seemed to really enjoy it. Every time the swing stopped, she kicked her legs, wanting to swing some more. Killian, on the other hand, didn't quite know what to make of it. He was actually swinging it himself. He kept moving his body a little back and forth. I think he was a little scared.

  •  I had all three in the kitchen with me while I was preparing dinner. I needed to keep an eye on them, especially Lily who likes to think she is big enough to pick up and move Killian and Piper. While they were playing with Lily's magnetic alphabet toy, this happened...


  • Killian loves his feet. Actually, he loves everybody's feet. Here's a short video of him telling me that...


No comments:

Post a Comment