Monday, February 23, 2015

Flowers


I melted. Right there in bed, I melted as my 3 year old daughter, Lily, reached out her arm to me and said, "Here Mommy, flowers." A few minutes earlier she had rolled over to the side of the bed. She leaned down over the edge and it looked as though she was picking something up off of the floor. Little did I know, she was.

I love my daughter and her imagination. It inspires me to be more creative, more imaginative. I love when Lily, out of nowhere, hands me some imaginary food to eat or hands me some flowers. She does this with her brother and sister too. Lily will be sitting next to them and pretend feed them food from her hand. It's funny because her brother and sister, my twins, are only 4 months old and yet, they seem to play along. I'm sure it's just a reflex thing, but when Lily offers them "food" they open their mouths to take it.

I relish moments like these because I'm not sure how long they will last. Today she pretends to give flowers to me, tomorrow she may not. I will keep all those imaginary flowers so when she no longer does this, my heart will be a field of her love.


No comments:

Post a Comment