Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Baked and Reviewed: Texas Sheet Cake Cookies

I love baking cookies, of all sorts. I found this recipe for Texas Sheet Cake Cookies, HERE, and I thought I'd give 'em a try. I'm really glad I did. Here's what they look like:


Beautifully yummy! Don't ya think?

Anyway, here is my review on them in case anybody wants to bake them up.

Pros:

  • Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate!
  • The icing is so yummy it almost didn't make it to the cookie.
  • I liked the consistency of the batter  - very smooth and easy to handle.
  • Very tasty, especially after they have been sitting around for a day.
  • They stay chewy soft.

Cons:
  • A little messy to make, but who really cares about having to clean up chocolate with your mouth? Not me!
  • The icing remains a little soft so you need to be careful storing them.
  • The wait time to have the cookies cool before pouring the chocolate icing on and then the wait time to have the icing settle before you can eat them.

All in all, these weren't a hard cookie to make. It's hard to wait though, when you want chocolate NOW!!! So be prepared to wait about a half hour to hour after your done with these to devour them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment