Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Baby Food


When I decided to make my own baby food with my first child, I wanted The Baby Bullet. I heard nothing but good things about this small food blender. Initially I loved it. It was the perfect size to puree  the right amount of food for one baby. That was back in 2012. I used the Bullet for about nine months or so until it became difficult for me to bring around food that needed refrigeration. If I was going to be out and about all day, I would not necessarily have access to a fridge nor a means to heat up the food. Also, did I mention bringing a container of food and a spoon in a diaper bag takes up a lot of room and more times than not, there is no place to set it all out to feed your baby? And don't get me started on how messy it is!



So by that point I was buying the baby pureed food pouches such as Plum Organics and Earth's Best. These were/are fantastic because baby just eats directly from the pouch and the only thing that's in these purees is fruit and veggies and cereal. No added sugar or chemicals to keep you guessing what exactly you are feeding your baby.
Bonus: Your baby will most likely be feeding him/herself with ease after a few squeezing casualties!

Now, fast forward three years to 2015. I took out my Baby Bullet to use with my twins. I was all set to start making baby purees again and I am doing a great job at keeping up with it. The only problem was that after about three uses of my Baby Bullet, it broke. Not such a big deal, I have a regular blender. Luckily it works just as good, if not better since I have to make bigger batches of food to feed two babies. I still like the Baby Bullet, but mostly now because of the feeding booklet it came with. This book lets me know how to puree certain foods and also gives a feeding chart just in case I need some guidance.

Now that my twins are seven months old, I started buying the food pouches again. I will only use them for when we are not home, since I'm still not finding it hard to take the time to make my own purees, even with a three year old running me ragged. Once my twins are mobile though, that may change.


FYI: I am not getting paid to make any reviews. These are just the things I have used or do use and want to let more parents know about.


No comments:

Post a Comment