Monday, May 18, 2015

7 Spring/Summer Activities To Do With the Kiddies

Since I was "out of service" last spring and summer, due to hauling around two growing human beings inside of me, there was a lot I couldn't do with Lily, my then two year old. So here's my list of things to do this spring and summer with my now three year old and my twins.

1. The Bronx Zoo. Hell yeah! Can't wait to see the reaction of my three year old when she sees all the animals from her books and television shows in person.

2. The Mystic Aquarium. A little road trip to Connecticut for the day won't be such a bad thing. I really like this aquarium. It's a good size to see lots of sea life. If we think it'll be too much though, we can always go to the Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead. I've never been and I don't think my husband has either so it'll be a new experience for all. Plus, depending how we would go to Mystic, we would pass it anyway.

3. The beach. Sounds simple enough... just have to slather on a ton of sunscreen and pick one of many here on the island to go to.

4. Eisenhower Park. A staple when I was growing up. I'd love to buy a kite and fly it there with Lily. Also a great place for her to ride her tricycle with better scenery than what's on our block.

5. Montauk Point Lighthouse. Who doesn't like visiting a lighthouse?

6. The many carnivals that hit the island around the summer holidays. We did go to a couple last summer but I really couldn't enjoy myself fully. (In the below picture I was 17 weeks pregnant with Killian and Piper. 17 WEEKS!! Look how big I was.) Plus, this time Lily will actually be tall enough to ride the kiddy rides without having to argue about how tall she is.

7. Have a scavenger hunt. What will we collect or check off the list while walking through the park or just around the block? A yellow flower? A flat rock? An acorn? A blue car?
Click HERE to scroll through & print out a wide selection of scavenger hunts!

There are other things that I want to do, but these are the biggies. Now, can we make it happen? The weather is already warm enough to start these any time. Just gotta do it!

So, what's on your Spring/Summer Check Off List?


No comments:

Post a Comment