Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Weighing In To Feel Your Best

Not that I want to give up how much I weigh, 'cause it's really nobody's business, but I will say that I am more than I should be. I don't have a problem with the number my weight is, I have a problem with how this number makes me feel. Girls and women alike, are so concerned with a number but in reality it's not the number that should concern them.

For the past five and a half years, ever since getting married, I have put on a total of eighty-six pounds. What? Eighty-six is a huge number, but there was good reason for most of it. In these five and a half years, I have been pregnant four times, given birth two times, carried twins one of those times, been through infertility and all the tests and medications that come along with that, and now am raising three beautiful children while being married to one supportive husband. I was at the most I have ever weighed at the very end of my twin pregnancy this past October (2014) - two hundred sixteen pounds. I am five foot five inches tall so that was a ton of weight even though a lot of it had to do with the two babies.

Now, just shy of six months after my twins were born, I have lost fifty-two pounds. That's a good number for six months, but I want to lose more. I need to lose another thirty-four pounds to be at my ideal weight. This is the weight at which I feel my best. Not too thin where I look like a skeleton, but thin enough for me to have the best stamina. That's what's important, not the number, but how you feel. At my ideal weight, I don't feel sluggish. I don't get out of breath easily. I have lots of energy and feel good and healthy. This is where most girls and women get it all wrong. You don't have to be at a specific number that you came up with in your head because you're a certain height, but be at a specific number because this number is where you feel your best. I know I'm repeating myself, but this is so important. If you are losing weight and you get to a point where you feel your most healthy, stop. Stop losing weight. You don't need to be a size one if you feel your best at a size eight.

Women are so concerned with numbers. Their weight and the size of their clothes are always on their minds. For a time in my life, it was on my mind, too. On my mind until I realized that I just wanted to enjoy my life and it was OK to stop worrying. No one is looking at the tags inside your clothes to see what size you're wearing. No one is watching over you as you step on the scale. So stop. Stop worrying about what other people might think. It only matters what you think and especially how you feel. So I will stop. I will stop when I get to my best feeling weight of one hundred thirty pounds.

I was here at 216 pounds:

I need to be hare at 130 pounds:


No comments:

Post a Comment