Friday, April 17, 2015

Britax Marathon Clicktight Car Seat


I changed my twins' car seats on Sunday (the 12th). They will no longer rest their wiggly bodies in the comfort of their infant carriers. Even though they are still able to fit in them, I do not wish to struggle with the weight of it all. Especially Killian, our boy, Mommy's mushmallow, such a big boy at six months old. No longer able to carry him in the infant carrier with one hand, I was having such a hard time getting the seat in and out of the van. Piper was still OK, but if I changed one seat, I wanted to change them both. Maybe I thought one would get jealous of the other? Possible.

Anyway, we have the Britax Marathon 70 for our three year old daughter, Lily, so we wanted the same seat for our twins. Because it has been three years, Britax has come out with newer versions of the Marathon seat. We opted to get the Marathon Clicktight. Awesome comes to mind with the ease of installation. Seriously. Just awesome!

Pros:
  1. Installation. No more kneeling or sitting on the car seat and struggling to make the seat belt or latch belts tight enough for the it to be safe. All you do is lift open the seat, pull the seat belt through, then close the seat until you hear a click sound. Easy as 1-2-3!
  2. All the safest safety stuff that's really important...
  3. Did I mention the ease of installation?
Cons:
  1. The seat itself is really heavy. Heavier than the regular Marathon seat. This is not really a con though, since you will most likely never take the seat out of your car until your kid outgrows it. But, for those of you who might be taking it in and out, then, yeah, it's heavy....but did I mention the ease of installation? So again, not really a con!

FYI: I am not getting paid to make any reviews. These are just the things I have used or do use and want to let more parents know about.

No comments:

Post a Comment